cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS Reports viewed by Sensor Group and/or User

jlittlejohn
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to have the VMS MC show reports that have been generated, sorted by sensor group instead of all together. Does anyone know if this is possilbe? Also, can you assign a user login to a specific sensor group instead of giving them a global job role?

2 Replies 2

jpalani
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if I got your first question.

If your question is to view the reports generated, in a sorted order based on sensor group, it is not possible. Reports can be sorted only based on 'title' and 'created time'. Or if you are asking about generating report for a particular sensor group, you could choose the sensors belonging to the sensor group from the Device List while generating the report. The Device List option is available only for Sensor Version Import Report, Sensor Configuration Import Report and Sensor Configuration Deployment Report.

There is no way to restrict a user login to a specific sensor group. The user will have

access to all the groups.

You were correct on my first question. I am trying to allow different functional groups to have different Sensor groups and only see the reports that pertain to their group. This SHOULD really be a feature of VMS, but I guess that it is not. Are there any reasons that I should not migrate to another software program like NetForensics, except that it is not Cisco?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: