Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voip using VPN

I have VPN working for users that connect to my internal network via the internet.I would also like then to be able to use their softphone to make calls to internal extension via Voip.

They are able to login to the VOIP server that is internal and make a call via VPN.When the phone rings each side cannot hear each other. Can I please have some help on what I might be missing out on please please.

Thanks in advance all.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Voip using VPN

It seems you are getting one way audio when using the IP Softphone when connected over VPN.

Regarding such problem, here is one document that could potentially solve your problem. Just check the possible scenarios under the section "Why Do I Get One-way Audio?"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800b5d26.html#1047476

Also could you please check if all the QoS settings are in place for VPN?

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

More than likely the issue is related to an ACL or routing since this is a remote access problem. Verify that no ACLs for security are blocking UDP 16384 to 32767 for the RTP voice stream. Also verify that the VPN subnet range can route to the voice vlans since your softphone will be sending a directly to the IP Phone it's UDP stream and vice versa. Lastly make sure the Voice IP range and ports are in your VPN tunnel crypto ACLs.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies