Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3000 and Vlans

Hi,

I am trying to migrate all my VPNs from PIX to Concentrator. What I am planning to have is users connect to 3000 box via Windows Workstation L2TP tunnel and they should be part of a VLAN which is behind the VPN Concentrator. For ex. USer A dials in and he uses "Technical" as groupname and he should be made part of VLAN "Technical" created on the switch. IS this possible ?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: VPN 3000 and Vlans

Hi,

You can't assign a specific user to a specific VLAN while connecting to the concentrator. On the other hand, you can push split tunneling policies, on where you can allow specific users connecting to specifics groups to allow certain network(s) behind your concentrator.

Split tunneling lets an IPSec client conditionally direct packets over an IPSec tunnel in encrypted form, or to a network interface in cleartext form. Packets not bound for destinations on the other side of the IPSec tunnel do not have to be encrypted, sent across the tunnel, decrypted, and then routed to a final destination. Split tunneling thus eases the processing load, simplifies traffic management, and speeds up untunneled traffic.

For more information please visit:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008015ce2d.html#1713544

Views
Helpful
Replies