cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 Client . NT Domain server unavailable.

robadams
Level 1
Level 1

Through dial up have no problem loggging on to my network with out using vpn client. When I use VPN through my ISP dialup account, recieve "no domain server was available to validate password. May not be able to gain access to some network resources." at the point to logon on to my network. The vpn loads ( see the yellow lock on my task bar)but cannot access any network resources. Any solution ?

14 Replies 14

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have a WINS server on your network? If so, is it specified on the Concentrator as well? How about DNS specified?

Where is WINS configured on the 3000 concentrator?

Concentrator Series Manager: Configuration,User Management, Groups, select the group that you want to modify, Select the "general" tab. ABout half way down is a space for bot Primary and Secondary WINS servers. Fill in only Primary if you just have one. Hit Apply and save changes

DNS and WINS was configured with the correct DNS nad WINS info. Any other solutions?

IN your taskbar if you double click the lock-pad, or shield, depending on your version of software, what are your stats? IP address etc?

Bytes in:994

Bytes out:2784

Packets bypassed:59

Packets discarded:1

Client ip:192.168.1.61 ( ip on my local network )

Server ip: is the correct one listed

IPSec through NAT:active

Compression:none

NAT port: 10000

Secured Routes: 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 bytes 1850

Outside ip 255.255.255.255(?) bytes 0

In the secured routes section is there not another line that reads 0.0.0.0 Under the Network Section and 0.0.0.0 under the SubnetMask?

No there is no further address(s) listed. Only 192.168.1.0 / 255.255.255.0 and my vpn's outside address / 255.255.255.255.

Are the DNS and WINS servers on the 192.168.1.0 network? You won't see the 0.0.0.0 route in the client if you are running a split-tunnel.

WINS is on the 192.168.1.0 network. DNS is not local.

uhajari
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue and it turned out to be either you have a lmhost file, if so rename it and also under the dial tcpip adaptor bindings ensure that Micsrosoft Client is checked to login.

No LMHOSTS files and MSFT Client is checked to login.

Anyother possible solutions ?

Are you able to ping any internal resource by the IP or its name? Is anyone else able to connect through VPN in your company? When you look on the Concentrator, do you see the incoming IP address of the host, as well as the IP address assigned by the Concentrator?

robadams
Level 1
Level 1

Solution. As you know, you can not have a static IP on the same network as the vpn. Well, I disabled my static mapped on my laptop but then went ahead and reserved my ip on the dhcp server which was associated with my mac. Wrong. Took out my reservation. Release / Renew. Bingo !

See Cisco "vpn clients with microsoft routing problems".