Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vpn 3000 concentrator and redistributing static routes in to OSPF

Have a problem with redistribution . We have 2 data centers with VPN 3000-s.

OSPF routing in our core. VPN concentrator #1 has static route pointing to remote site with metric 1. VPN concentrator #2 has static to same remote site with metric 10. Both redistributing static in to OSPF core.

Problem:

Routers in the core see remote site network with ospf e2 (110/20) for both.

Question:

How can I change config on VPN 3000 concentrator to enable redistribution so routers in the core can see: ospf e1 (110 /1) and ospf e1 (110/10) . So I can force trffic trough VPN 3000 concentrator #1

Anyway,

My goal is to have different metric in te core ...Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: vpn 3000 concentrator and redistributing static routes in to

I don't think changing the metric on the static route is going to change the metric when it gets re-advertised into OSPF. If conc #2 is a backup for #1, so you always want #2 to advertise a higher OSPF cost, then go under the Private interface of this concentrator, click on the OSPF tab and change the OSPF Metric to 10. That should change the OSPF routes you see on your inside network.

Another way to do this is to enable Reverse-Route Injection (RRI), so that #1 will automatically advertise the remote route when the tunnel is up. If the tunnel goes down, it stops advertising the route, and if the tunnel comes up on #2 then it'll start advertising it. You do this under the L2L tunnel config under the Routing drop-down box.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content