cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 Concentrator Events Defined

leeeplus
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a document out there that defines all Concentrator's events possible and their severity levels. Something similar to the PIX system message guide. Thanks

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not yet, but it's coming. It'll be posted to CCO when it's available.

To be brutally honest, it's been coming for a while now, it has low priority over bug fixes and new software releases and the like, so it only get's worked on when there's time. In short, don't hold your breath.

The TAC does have an internal HTML form page that they can look up the message meaning, so if there's particular ones you want to know about, post them back here and I'll look them up for you.

The main item im interested in is messages detailing sessions opened by remote users to servers sitting behind concentrator. Basically accounting info of all resources accessed by a remote user.

Thanks

This is different to providing explanations for existing log messages.

I don't believe the concentrator provides any logging of sessions going through it to an internal server, at least I've never seen any of these messages. The log messages are all related to events TO and FROM the concentrator itself, not for packets that eventually terminate on hosts inside the concentrator. Sorry.