Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3000 - configuration of Private and Public interfaces

Trying to set up the 3000 Concentrator re 3.5!

I can configure the Private interface ok, giving it an ip number - but as soon as I configure the Public one (an ip number belonging to the same network) the Private IP stops responding (I can't even get into the manager via a browser). However, when I physically unplug and plug the cable back in it starts responding again, but the Public one goes down.

Is this because the IP numbers are on the same network?

Help....thank you

1 REPLY

Re: VPN 3000 - configuration of Private and Public interfaces

Hi,

The normal way to configure the interfaces is that you place the private interface at the side of your internal network and the public interface on the side of the internet.

This also means that they need to be in different IP subnets ( If i'm correct ).

I have a setup that the public interface is connected to our DMZ ( between 2 FW's ) and that the private interface is connected to a seperate segment on our internal FW.

The only thing that need to be kept in mind is that you configure the correct routes on the concentrator.

A default route pointing to the internet gateway and a static route for your internal network pointing to the internal gateway.

Hope this helps.

Dax Van Camp

networkengineer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content