Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 Console Connection

l.tating
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have vpn3005 concentrator in the office. I have used the specially made console cable. But when I tried to connect it to my terminal Server (C2511) I cannot get any output. I used a DB9/RJ45 adaptor and plug it on to the Octal cable from Term Server. Is there a solution to this?

Respectfully,

Lorenz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A straight-through cable with a DB9 terminal adapter on each end is what the console cable is what I use with the VPN3030s

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

1.Check the physical connectivity whether the cable used are good condition or not.

2.Replace it with another working cable and check to connect

I believe that the octal cable from the C2511 is a roll-over cable. I believe that the connection to the concentrator should be a straight through. Can you get an async connection from a terminal server that is not through the octal/roll-over cable? Or perhaps can you connect a roll-over cable to the octal cable (rolling it twice produces straight?)?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I will try to connect another roll-over to the octal, via a DB9 Male. I cannot see any documentation in CCO that tells the exact description of the console cable that comes with all VPN3000s.

Lorenz

A straight-through cable with a DB9 terminal adapter on each end is what the console cable is what I use with the VPN3030s

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: