Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

VPN 3000 leaking external routes internally

We are running OSPF on the private interface of our VPN Concentrator (3.6.1), to facilitate Reverse Route Injection for VPN hardware and software clients. On two occasions I have seen the VPN concentrator inject the the Public subnet into OSPF, which has caused some issues. Clicking the "Clear Routes" button on the Monitoring -> Routing page of the VPN Concentrator removes the "public" route from OSPF. I can't establish a set of action which causes the route to be generated. Has anyone else observed this?

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN 3000 leaking external routes internally

Yes, I see this also when running RIP on Private interface. The public subnet is advertised to the internal router behind the Concentrator. This is annoying since this public route can`t be filtered from the Concentrator itself. Hope that Cisco would address this issue. I would like to hear, If anyone know how to prevent public subnet not to be advertised from private interface. BTW, this is on Concentrator v3.5.x , not tested with version 3.6.x

Regards,

Engel

Silver

Re: VPN 3000 leaking external routes internally

I have since found bug ID CSCdx66576 which appears to describe this behaviour (there is a similar bug relating to RIP).

Views
Helpful
Replies