cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000- some people timing out too quickly

henry_park
Level 1
Level 1

We have some people using the Cisco VPN 3000 Client and finding that their connections are dropping after a couple of minutes. MOST others are having no problems with no timeout issues. Everyone is in the same user group (we only have one) on the concentrator. There is no rhyme or reason to the drop outs..it happens over a variety of different client machines.

Is there any settings I should check on my side or is this simply or most of the time a user problem issue.

By the way, is there a minimum bandwidth/speed that a client should have?

2 Replies 2

tim.collinson
Level 1
Level 1

We are also seeing sporadic disconnections. This seems to have improved a little using client version 3.5.3(C)

This seems to happen regardless of the connection type, from dial-up internet to broadband. My current best guess is lost traffic on the internet.

Tim Collinson

Network Analyst

Kinetech Services

I talked to a cisco tech and he said that a lot of the earlier version of the OS for 3005 had bugs and recommended an upgrade, especially if you have less than 3.4

I've upgraded...and actually it's really easy compared to Cisco IOS. The verdict is still out on whether it works...keep your fingers crossed.