cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 WebVPN file share variable

Ben.Levin
Level 1
Level 1

We have a VPN 3060 running 4.7.2 B code, and are trying to create a link for WebVPN users to go to their Active Directory home directory. Users are authenticating to the VPN via their AD account. Is there a way to create a link so that it will automatically append the username to the directory path? For example, if user jsmith clicks the link for his home directory, it will go to \\server\rootdirectory\jsmith\

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

SSL VPN Cisco WebVPN

Using only a Web browser and its native SSL encryption, SSL VPNs provide remote access ;without the requirement of preinstalled VPN client

software ;to network resources from almost any Internet-enabled location. The Cisco WebVPN feature on Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators

enables customers to access any application, including Webpages, file shares, e-mail, and client-server applications, via SSL-enabled sessions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_data_sheet09186a00801d3b56.html

What does that have to do with my question?:)

daveowens
Level 1
Level 1

I keep checking back for a useful reply to this, since having access to their home directory is the main use we would have for the WebVPN. Has anyone done this successfully? It could probably be accomplished by allowing 'browse' access to the folder containing everyone's home folders, but that's not an attractive solution!

Dave

This issue concerns me as well. I wanted to deploy it for users, but I need to know how to pass the username so that the appropriate home directory is accessed. Any VPN experts out there?

randyclark
Level 1
Level 1

I too am looking at doing this. That is one of the main request for access from home. If anyone gets the procedure please let me know.

We found the solution to this. Use an SSL VPN system other than Cisco:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: