cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000, Win2k & NetWare Client

achuyck
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that when the VPN client and the Novell client are on a Win2k Professional they conflict with each other.

Left unaltered after the VPN install the clients are unable to log into NetWare environment.

If you uncheck the "Deterministic Network Enchancer" in the properties tab of the "Local Area Network" icon of the properties of "My Network Places" then you can log into the box but you cannot connect to the Altiga concentrator.

Any clues?

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Interesting. I saw no reference to this caveat in the release notes. You better call Cisco and see if they know about this.

I believe this issue is being tracked as a bug.

The Bug Id : CSCdt77865

"Symptom: Unable to use access Novell resources over the Cisco VPN client

You must run the latest version of the Novell Client (5.1 patch) or greater.

NOTE:

IF YOU ARE USING THE NOVELL CLIENT IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE RELEASE 3.X VPN

CLIENT ON NT4 OR WINDOWS 2000, THE NOVELL GINA MUST BE ADDED TO THE

INCOMPATIBLE GINA LIST ON THE SYSTEM PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE CLIENT. FAILURE

TO DO SO WILL CAUSE THE NOVELL CLIENT TO PRODUCE A WINLOGON ERROR WHEN THE

SYSTEM STARTS UP. THE NOVELL GINA IS CALLED NWGINA.DLL"

Go to the bug tracking section for more details.

Where can I find the bug tracking section? I don't get any WINLOGON errors, but I have the same problem - cannot see the tree or any Novell services using Windows 2000.

pdentico
Level 1
Level 1

There is a known problem with the VPN client version 3.0.2 and earlier with IPX frame type 802.3. I have installed 3.0.3, and it seems to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: