Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3002 hardware client

My VPN 3002 establish VPN tunnel to PIX, about 20 clients will access servers through VPN, I find that there are 8 port on 3002, does it mean only 8 tunnel can be used concurrently? If so, how can I extend the quantify of the tunnel?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VPN 3002 hardware client

Hi,

you can have upto 253 (class C network) clients/PCs behind VPN3002, to physically connect that many clients, you will need to use a hub or a switch (connected to any of those 8 ports) with that many ports.

Thanks,

Afaq

Thanks for your reply. But I am using Network Extension Mode, when the clients connect to main office, NAT is disabled in this communication, can all clients establish VPN tunnel concurrently?

If you are using Nework Extension Mode then there is one tunnel back to the main office. All the clients pass data through that one tunnel. The 3002 can assign IP addresses via DHCP and the default gateway will be the inside interface of the 3002. The inside subnet on the 3002 needs to be different than the main office subnet however.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content