Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3002 / ISDN call management

Hi all.

I am working on project using a VPN 3002 in Network Extension Mode, and connecting to a 3030 over a semi-private ISDN dialup provided by a 1603R with DDR, and NAT.

The network connection is fine - I have full functionality from both sides of the tunnel. My problem is that although I have the idle timeout set to 2 minutes, when I have the 3002 set with group name / password and username / password, i.e. automatic connection, it keeps re-establishing the tunnel after each timeout. If I set it to interactive hardware login, it behaves as expected, dropping the connection after 2 minutes, and not bothering the 1603 again until you click the login button in the browser.

Seeing this configuration is for a satellite-connected remote station, and call costs are $6 / min, this situation is not good.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN 3002 / ISDN call management

Check the IPSec lifetime and ISAKMP lifetime. May be they are set too low.

Also check this URL to configure IPSec over ISDN

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/ipsec_dialerwatch.html

Re: VPN 3002 / ISDN call management

Hmmm... IPSec - 28800 seconds, IKE/ISAKMP - 86400 seconds. Considering how often it's reconnecting, those seem a bit long to be causing the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies