Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

VPN 3002: Manually configured DNS addr is overwrite with new one via PPPoE

On VPN 3002 hardware client, I have configured the DNS address manually.

But manually configured DNS address is overwrite with new DNS address provided by ADSL provider via PPPoE session.

So I need to re-configure DNS address that I want to use after PPPoE session is completed.

And it means that I need to re-configure DNS address whenever PPPoE session is established regardless of DNS address is manually configured.

This (overwrite with one provided via PPPoE session) is normal behavior ?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN 3002: Manually configured DNS addr is overwrite with new

What version of code is this?

Are you saying that you've configured DNS servers under the Configuration - System - Servers - DNS section. Then you've also configured the Public interface as a PPPoE interface. And whne the interface comes up, if you go back under the DNS section, you see different DNS addresses in there now? And these DNS servers are the ones provided by the ISP?

I'll have to look into that but please reply back and let me know that we're talking about the same thing.

Bronze

Thank you very much for your reply.

The version of VPN 3002 hardware client is 3.5.3.

And it is as you are said(written).

Best regards

Cisco Employee

I spoke to the developers and this is indeed how it's supposed to work, although to be honest that seems a little strange. There is a current known issue however, in that the 3002 can't do DNS lookups to the DNS server handed down by the PPPoE server. This has been assigned bug ID CSCdy09539.

Views
Helpful
Replies