Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3002

Hi

I would like to know, whether I have to use a Broadband technology (xDSL router) for my vpn 3002 hardware client, or can i use any kind of technology like ISDN or Leased lines to connect to my corporate network.

8 REPLIES

Re: VPN 3002

I cannot comment on Leased lines, but I have used ISDN with 2 sites and have found it quite problematic. Dropped connections are the biggest problem. The 3002 does not seem to cause redial on the ISDN router (Cisco 770), so, users do so from within the 3002 via a browser.

My DSL, Cable and Satellite connections are all stable.

Marcus James

Thanks James,

I could see that many of them are using broadband technology to connect to the corporate network, as ISDN is problematic, and leased lines are costly, I would prefer ADSL or SDSL connection,

Thanks for your info.

I'm using a 3002 connected to my linksys DSL router right now.

The only problem I'm seeing is that we're having issues mapping drives (VERY SLOW) and logging into the domain, but I'm sure that's something in our configuration

I do not see any problem with deploying VPN 3002 with any type of connection - DSL, Cable, T1 etc. I have done a few succesful installation without any problem. A word of caution - Please ensure that the ISPs carry VPN traffic, they might charge a little more for it, though.

My understanding is if the circuit terminates with a ethernet connection then you should be able to use it.

Hi,

We are just setup VPN3000 concentrator with VPN3002 hardware client through DSL connection. Our problem is the speed. It is very slow. It seems like use 56k modem. When we ping the concentrator public IP address, we got time around 700ms. But if I don't use the VPN3002 hardware client, PING that IP address directly through the DSL line, I got time around 100ms. I don't know if it is normal, or we didn't config it right?

Thank you for your help in advance!

David

What encryption type do you use ? DES and 3DES makes a different throughput on our testing. As you already know, 3DES is more slower than DES. I think VPN3002 does the encryption process on the software which make it more slower on processing 3DES.

Hi,

Actually we just used the quick configuration to config this VPN3002. Most of them are default parameters. Do we have a choice to choose the encryption type in VPN3002? Do you mean VPN3002 itself makes the connection slow because its software encryption process?

I much appeciate any of your suggestions.

David

Views
Helpful
Replies