Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3005 and 3com IP phones and multicasting

Hi Everyone,

My company has a 3com NBX100 (dont blame me i didnt work there yet)

anyway i enabled whats called Ip on the fly on this system which allows me to use remote phones over a remote network.

The phone works fine except for one thing. there are several features that need multicast to work ie voicemail lamp date/time etc. so i have a vpn 3005 with a tunnel to a 3002 hardware client. I just need to know if there is anyway to get multicast across the tunnel.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: VPN 3005 and 3com IP phones and multicasting

Rx Multicast  The number of multicast packets that were received by this interface since the VPN Concentrator was last booted or reset. Multicast packets are those addressed to a specific group of hosts.

Tx Multicast  The number of multicast packets that were routed to this interface for transmission since the VPN Concentrator was last booted or reset, including those that were discarded or not sent. Multicast packets are those addressed to a specific group of hosts.

Views
Helpful
Replies