Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3005 Concentrator and VPN routing

Her's the gist of it:

We wish to have a VPN cloud (Internet based) for 5 sites plus 50 or so remote users.

The head office is where all the termination for the VPN is going to take place.

Each remote site wants to be able to communicate with each other.

Thes sites will initialy be coming thru headoffice.

The question is - PIX will not send back data over the the same interface but a eg 3005 concentrator seems to be able to hold a routing table.

Can I get away with one PIX and concentrator at head office and just PIXs at remote sites or do I need to spec concentrators at all sites?

Cisco sample configs indicate a need for concentrators at all sites or is there a cheaper way?

Steve

1 REPLY

Re: VPN 3005 Concentrator and VPN routing

Steve,

How big are the remote sites, in terms of user count? Have you looked at one of the VPN-enabled routers, e.g. the 1721 with the hardware VPN module and IP/IPSEC IOS version? As I understand it, the routers could be installed at the remote sites, and either connect back to the central concentrator, or to each other as site to site peers. If I'm way off the mark of what you're trying to achieve, my apologies!

Regards

Andrew

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content