cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3005 Concentrator

blu.brown
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client set up and connects great to the VPN. Once my session is established I can ping the pc itself and the VPN public/private interfaces but nothing else. Nothing on the Network or out on the internet. I can't even ping the gateway or tunneling gateway.

4 Replies 4

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

How are you assigning ip address to the clients. If you are using a Pool of ip addresses, does your internal router has a route back to the VPN3000 for this pool of addresses.

Is the VPN3000 configured for Split tunneling. If you want the users to go to the internet while connected to the VPN3000, you need to enable split tunneling or you can tunnel everything and route the packets to the internet through a different device.

Regards,

Arul

No the router doesn't have a route back VPN 3000, how do I do that. How do you do split tunneling. What I hate about this 3005, is that it is either Menu driven or Gui, no command line. It makes it that much harder to trouble shoot.

Hi,

If you are assigning a pool of addresses 10.1.1.1-10.1.1.254, we need to make sure that your internal network is aware of this range and routes the packet back to the VPN3000 for this 10.1.1.x/24 subnet.

If you are using a Cisco Router, you can do:

ip route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0

Regarding split tunneling:

1. You need to create a network list which includes the subnets that you want the users to have access to.

2. And assign this network list to the group.

You can also refer the below URLs for detail info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/3_6/config/polmgt.htm#xtocid10

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/3_6/config/usermgt.htm#xtocid39

Regards,

Arul

blu.brown
Level 1
Level 1

I want to thank you for your help. I did end up fixing the problem myself I guess I should have been a little more patient with my self and waited, not wasting your time. The problem was sort of easy, I wouldn't have thought it would have caused as much problems but it did. I am not sure if I should feel idiotic about it. I had the vpn working last thursday, but it was that one finite thing that I overlooked.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: