Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

VPN 3005 - Crashed and now it won't attempt LAN-to-LAN connections

I have a VPN 3005 (32MB RAM, Software Rev 3.5.2 Feb 14 2002) and I had one IPSec, LAN-to-LAN connection working just fine.

I just attempted to add a second LAN-to-LAN connection, the same except the remote network was to be entered as a Network List rather than a simple IP address (only 2 entries though).

I got to the stage when I entered the new Network List and selected to continue and the box crashed and created a crash dump file.

I tried again and exactly the same thing happened. Sounds like a bug.

Anyway, I got around this by creating the address list before adding the new LAN-to-LAN connection and just selecting it from the list rather than adding it as a new Network List as part of the automated process.

However, now neither of my LAN-to-LAN connections will connect. I can't even see any attempts to connect in the live event log.

Any ideas? How can I make them attempt to connect? What might be stopping them?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Rob.

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: VPN 3005 - Crashed and now it won't attempt LAN-to-LAN conne

DUR!

A case of answering my own question here:

The connection appears to operate on a dial-on-demand basis. Pinged an address on the remote network and the LAN-to-LAN connection started as if by magic.

Thanks anyway...

Views
Helpful
Replies