Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

VPN 3030 load-balancing issue

Hello,

We currently have two VPN 3030 Concentrators at our head-end configured as a cluster with load-balancing. We also have several other 3030 concentrators located at various remote sites as backups to the main cluster at the head-end. The cluster at the head-end is available and has plenty of capacity. I am running into a spuratic problem where the VPN cluster at the head-end will not authenticate me, I then get rolled over to one of the remote concentrators for authentication. Has anyone seen this type of activity before? If you have I would be interested in a solution, thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: VPN 3030 load-balancing issue

Hi,

When you setup the cluster, do you defined both head-end and remote VPN3Ks to exist as a single logical group load-balance group? Are there using the same VPN Virtual Cluster IP Address?

What is the priority assigned to the remote VPN3Ks compared to the head-end device? Higher number means highest priority. Since your VPN3K is running on similar model, assign same priority to all of them.

In load-balanced cluster, box with higher priority will take the authentication responsibility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_tech_note09186a0080094b4a.shtml

Try this if you setup matched the above sample config.

Rgds,

AK

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content