cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn 3030 same address to one user

bbelz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3030 vpn concentrator,currently used for lan2lan as well as remote clients. How do I assign a single address to one remote client so he get's the same address all the time. Can I set the single address up through an address pool. If so then how do I assign that to the remote user.

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this user is configured locally on the concentrator, then go under Config - System - Address Management - Assignment and check the "Use address from authentication server". Leave the "Use Address Pools" box checked.

Then go under Config - User Mgmt - Users, modify this user and on teh General tab assign them an IP address and subnet mask directly.

The fact you have checked the "Use address from authentication server" box, in this case the 3000 itself is actually the authentication server, and so it assigns that address. All the other users who don't have IP addresses defined default over to using the address pool as normal.

Just make sure you remove that persons address from any address pools you have defined.