Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3030 VRRP redudancy.

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

So I'm reading about the 3030 VRRP redudancy and in the example that I see on Ciscos website http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vrrp.html it looks like I only need two ip address's. The primary concentrator uses both the VRRP ip addy for its own interfaces and the actual VRRP address. Where as the backup concentrator watches the VRRP address and assumes it's addy when it no longer responds, But still has it's own ip address for it's interfaces.

I'm use to seeing three address's used for VRRP one for the Virtual ip address and two more for the physical interfaces on the segment. Has anyone else done this and am I reading this right?

Unfortunaly I really don't get to test this except for a brief outtage window and want to make sure I have everything right.

Thanks for any responses and I'll rate them all.

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

froggy3132000
Level 3
Level 3

You are reading it right. I have done a couple of these deployments, you can follow that guide to the letter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

froggy3132000
Level 3
Level 3

You are reading it right. I have done a couple of these deployments, you can follow that guide to the letter.

I was hopeing that was the case. So if it does need to failover on the outside interface does the inside interface automatically take priority?