Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN 3060 ver 3.6.3 stops authenticating users to RSA server.

Over the last month, users have been unable to authenticate using hard tokens with an RSA server. It appears as though the backend communications between 3060 and ACE server stopped. A reboot of the 3060 clears the problem. Users are presented with username and passcode but no authentication takes place. (hung session)

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN 3060 ver 3.6.3 stops authenticating users to RSA server.

Is this direct authentication to the ACE/Server ? I am not sure what caused the problem, but I think there is something wrong with the communication between the Concentrator and the ACE/Server. One thing you may check , if the Concentrator still has a file named "SECURID" under the File Management menu. This file is used as a seed to secure the communication between the two devices. If you lost this one than you have to re-generate it again at BOTH devices. I may wrong since there are a lot of possibilities that caused communication problem between a Concentrator and a ACE/Server.

Re: VPN 3060 ver 3.6.3 stops authenticating users to RSA server.

you might need to increase the Timeout and Retries in the SecurID setting on the VPN. I had a similar problem with i first started configuring the VPN with SecurID about a year ago.

The setting can be found here: Configuration | User Management | Groups | Authentication Servers | Modify

Good luck!

Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content