cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn access to a pix w/ multiple interfaces

h.hobart
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pix to vpn client configured. The pix has multiple dmz's, the problem is that my client cannot access all dmz's. I can access the inside network no problem, but when I try and ping a device directly connected to another interface I don't recieve a response. When I debug on the pix, I see the request and a reply but my computer with the client doesn't get a response. My access-list is getting hit so I know that the traffic is seen as being interesting.

3 Replies 3

abdul.kokumo
Level 1
Level 1

You may want to read this conversation "SPLIT-TUNNEL". You should be able to ping the host on the dmz but you will not be able to establish a TCP/UDP connection. This is so because the PIX does not support asymmetric routing. Everything will work fine with the inside interface.

h.hobart
Level 1
Level 1

I have found a way to make this work but have not been able to test other than ping. The soulution I used is to the following command to a router that is in my inside network. "route (inside) client network, routers interface" This seems to work give it a try and let me know

Pinging the host on the "dmz" is not a problem. Like I said before, you will only be able to ping but not be able to establish any TCP/UDP connection.