Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN and AOL 7.0

I have acouple of users attempting to use our VPN.

VPN is 3030 with v3.1

Client is runnig AOL Ver 7 and after authenticating successfully, they get disconnected. Not just from VPN, but also from the Internet. Anyone using v7 already? any ideas?.......Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN and AOL 7.0

I've had the same problems with AOL 7. In AOL 7 they are using the Microsoft VPN Adapter (rather than the AOL Adapter) to connect the their network and connecting to a different subnet. I believe they may be blocking some IPSec traffic, but I'm not sure. If I connect to a PIX using DES & MD5 everything is okay. Anything else (3DES - 3000 Concentrator) and AOL disconnects you. My suggestions it to stay on AOL 6 as long as you can. I've called AOL, but good luck getting in touch with anybody who cares or even knows anything. They won't even forward my case to a more advanced level of support. How we let AOL know there's a problem is beyond me....

Re: VPN and AOL 7.0

I can't specifically offer any ideas, but I've seen numerous versions of AOL wreck havoc on network conectivity. My rule of thumb when it comes to network connectivity is AOL=BAD. We don't allow it anymore in our company because they are just too many non-coincidental problems associated with it... I'll bet your problem would go away if AOL did :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content