Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN and Blocked URL

Two weeks ago, I was able to reach a 3rd party vendors URL. Since then, we have implemented a router to router VPN with said vendor. Now I am no longer able to reach this URL. Their router sits outside my firewall and is connected to their homebase in CA via T1 on 1750 router to router. The circuit is up and the internal/external interfaces are reachable. On our PIX 520, I have made one change, route outside [our IP] 255.255.255.255 [their IP], thereby enabling traffic to [their IP]. Is there anything I haven't done on my end that would cause the inability to reach this URL.

One last point, access to this URL doesn't even touch the VPN circuit. Traffic has always, and was meant to, go through our corporate firewall and router.

Please HELP!

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN and Blocked URL

Get your configuration together and open a TAC case. This one will take some troubleshooting with an engineer.

Re: VPN and Blocked URL

It's hard to say what might be wrong. Something is obvously missing or misconfigured. Have you tried using traceroute to determine what path the traffic is attempting to take? That should at least tell you whether the your route is being used or not.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content