cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and Cisco 678 router

lmcgovern
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 678 router on a NT4 network. I would like to setup VPN for two Win2000 laptop clients. If anyone has done this and can point out white papers or other resources I would appreciate it. Also, any big susprises or non expected results. Thanks.

I am new to VPN so any good general information would also be helpful, especially as it applies to the 678 ADSL router

Linda

2 Replies 2

k.poplitz
Level 3
Level 3

The 678 won’t do VPN in and of itself. It sounds like you want to tunnel your VPN right through it anyways. As long as you have valid IP addresses or network address translation (NAT) configured, you shouldn’t have a problem. NAT overload or port address translation (PAT) won’t work with VPN. Here is a good webcast on Microsoft VPN: http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/Webcasts/WC110900/wcblurb110900.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=vpn%20&rnk=8&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=WIN2000

Thank you for the information, I downloaded and printed the article.

Linda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: