Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN and local lan Access

Hi, I' ve the following problem:

I create a VPN infrastructure with a PIX 515 (V6.1) and a Client V 3.5.1.

My clients connect to the firewall throught a dial-up connection. They have also an ethernet connection to a LAN. When i create the VPN tunnel, i can't access resources in the lan. I checked the "Allow lan Access" in the properties of the client and i created split-tunneling on the pix.

Is this possible?Can someone help me?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN and local lan Access

While the client have a local lan access option (as it is supported on the vpn 3000), the PIX code does support this as yet. It is an enhancement request that you might want to inform your account manager, so they could lobby for it.

I am having the same issue so it begs the question:

what is the point of the split-tunnel command on the pix then? seems strange to me that the pix doesn't support this when it is a valid command.

is there any way to get this functionality with pix 6.2 and vpn client 3.6?

thanks.

Cisco Employee

see:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_61/cmd_ref/tz.htm#xtocid10

"Split tunneling allows a remote VPN client simultaneous encrypted access to the corporate network and clear access to the Internet."

Local lan access is different though in that you want access to resources not on the internet but on the same local network the pc is on, and the same pc is

doing a remote access vpn.

This is a feature request.

Views
Helpful
Replies