Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN and Loopback interface

I am setting site-to-site VPN b/t Pix and cisco router. I currently don't have a network behind the Cisco router so I cam creating a loopback interface on the router for testing. When testing, I can see tunnel build but I can not get to the lopback interface on the router from a network behind the PIX.

Question: Is it possible to use the loop back interface as interesting traffic inside the tunnel or does it have to be on a network outside the router? Thanks.

• Other Security Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: VPN and Loopback interface

mm ... goos question .. I am 99% sure it shoudl be OK. what is your output from show crypto isakmp sa and show crypto ipsec sa ..?

Gold

Yes its possible iam using this scenarion in my lab without problems - it looks like some problem with configuration

M.

Thank you for all the responses. After your confirmation that using Loopback was Ok, I found the problem in my config. I did not have a route from the router back to the remote network behind the PIX.

Cheers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.