cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and Windows 2000 Pro

carl.gates
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand correctly, there is not a vpn client product which will run on the Windows 2000 OS. Is there one in the works? When will it be available? Where can I get a copy? Is there a Beta version?

9 Replies 9

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

The beta program just ended for the new release of the VPN 3000 Client that supports Win2K Pro. It works great. I believe the release of the new version will be available next week. It will require that you upgrade the VPN concentrator software before you can use the new client.

would you please tell me why you want to use

vpnclient software.i dont know any thing about this

software.if i have several vlan in my switch

which could connect to gether through a router

you mean that i need vpnclient?

thanks

babak

okhawaja
Level 1
Level 1

There is a beta version of the VPN3000 client that is currently available.

How can I get the Beta client? I did not see it on Software Center. Thanks.

dcwalker
Level 1
Level 1

I have been running the Cisco VPN Client v3.0.1 on Windows 2000 and it has been working fine. I am running back to a VPN3005 running v3 software.

The client is available on CCO for download.

mhansen
Level 1
Level 1

Is the new vpn client 3.01 the one that is suppose to work with all VPN platforms? We have a PIX 515 and been using Cisco Secure Client 1.1. We would like to use Windows 2000. If this is the universal client, what do I have to do to make it work with our PIX?

Yes the 3.01 client is the Unified client. The Pix is slated to support this new client in the Pix 6.0 software which is coming soon. I can not give a firm date but feel free to follow up with me directly.

Regards,

Paul

Technical Marketing Engineer

VPN & Security

Cisco Systems

pcarco@cisco.com

Any ballpark eastimates as to when "soon" might be?

duckhuntr
Level 1
Level 1

The New Client, V3.0, Which can be obtained from CCO, Works perfectly on ME and 2000. It now allows for IPSec thru 2000. I am currently deploying it, and I love it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: