cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Anyconnect Issues

rbill1967
Level 1
Level 1

It seems I have anyconnect working to an extent.  After I make the connection to our network with Anyconnect, it will not allow already mapped drives to work again.

What exactly am I missing in the setup?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How is the drive being mapped? Via ip address or name? Do you have dns or wins configured for your anyconnect group-policy? Can you ping the server (by name/by IP)?

Are you able to access other servers in the same subnet as the file server?

View solution in original post

1) I assume you have split tunneling configured and your home subnet is different to the office internal subnet.

2) If point 1) above is correct, you can try to map drive via its ip address.

3) If point 2) works, then it would be a dns/wins issue locally to your home network. Maybe you can add to your localhost file for that specific ip address and it's FQDN mapping.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How is the drive being mapped? Via ip address or name? Do you have dns or wins configured for your anyconnect group-policy? Can you ping the server (by name/by IP)?

Are you able to access other servers in the same subnet as the file server?

Yes correct answer on the DNS, but I realize the problem is not with my network drives internally.  It is drives from my own network environment from home and I can assume others agencies who would connect in have the same issues.

Does it all boil down to DNS?

1) I assume you have split tunneling configured and your home subnet is different to the office internal subnet.

2) If point 1) above is correct, you can try to map drive via its ip address.

3) If point 2) works, then it would be a dns/wins issue locally to your home network. Maybe you can add to your localhost file for that specific ip address and it's FQDN mapping.

rsnieland
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having this exact same problem. With the regular Cisco VPN client, no issues. With AnyConnect, I have to disconnect the drives and re-run the login script manually every time I connect. I can map via name or IP address and it works just fine, taking DNS issues out of the mix, but any "remembered" drive mappings are hosed with AnyConnect. If I disable the remembering of drive mappings, then users have to manually run the login script every time they connect regardless, so not a very good solution there, either. Would be helpful if there was some additional functionality to kick off a script after successful connection.