Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN authentication and authorization

I have configured in a VPN 3020 Concentrator a internal database for users authentication.

I need users could change theirs passwords remotely without the administrator help. Which method can do this better (Radius, AD?). I would like that passwords expire after a certain period if it´s possible. I don´t want to configure authorization servers, I prefer to use the VPN filters and rules.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: VPN authentication and authorization

Follow these steps to configure filters.

In the Configuration | Interfaces window, select Ethernet1 (Private). The Configuration | Interfaces | Ethernet1 window appears.

Select the General tab.

Click the drop-down Filter menu button and choose Private (Default).

Click Apply.

In the Configuration | Interface window, select Ethernet2 (Public). The Configuration | Interfaces | Ethernet2 window appears.

Select the General tab.

Click the drop-down Filter menu button and choose Public (Default).

Click Apply.

Open the Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Filters window.

Select Private (Default) from the Filter list.

Click Assign Rules to Filter. The Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Assign Rules to Filter window appears.

Make sure that VCA In (forward/in) and VCA Out (forward/out) are in the Current Rules in Filter list. If they are not in this list, add them.

Click Done.

In the Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Filters window, select Public (Default) from the Filter list.

Click Assign Rules to Filter. The Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Assign Rules to Filter window appears.

Make sure that VCA In (forward/in) and VCA Out (forward/out) are in the Current Rules in Filter list. If they are not in this list, add them.

Click Done.

Click the Save Needed icon to save your edits.

Views
Helpful
Replies