Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN between 1721 and pix

hi,

I'm new to cisco and I just got this thrown in my lap. I need to establish an endpoint to endpoint tunnel between our remote router and HQ pix. I configured everything according to plan but nothing is working. Am I supposed to intiate the tunnel manually or once configured it should go automatically? IOS is 12.2. Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: VPN between 1721 and pix

Once configured, the tunnel is initiated automatically (and traffic treated as per the configured policy) when 'interesting' traffic reaches the interface. Interesting traffic is nothing but the traffic that you would like to see tuneled across and has been specified using the access-list and bound to your IPSec configration via the crypto map match address command. I would also suggest that you have a look at the IPSec support page. It contains a number of documents dealing with issues right from the very basic to the most advanced. (http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:IPSec)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content