cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn, cable, w2k

d-frost
Level 1
Level 1

i have a user that is using vpn client 3.1 to connect to a vpn concentrator 3005. they were originally using aol to connect which caused all kinds of problems. they got rid of aol and started using cable modem. now when they try to connect they get up to the point where they can enter username and password then get a message saying remote peer terminated session. other than the problem with aol they have always been able to connect. the only thing new is the cable modem but i dont see why this would be a problem as i have several users who connect this way. they are using a public ip address and a hub to connect to the modem. i can also see that they get authenticated on the concentrator but that is all. any help would be great. thanks.

2 Replies 2

ssoberlik
Level 4
Level 4

Try configuring NAT transparency. Some cable companies block IPSec protocols.

bill.barnes
Level 1
Level 1

if this is still a problem for you, this might help. i had the same problem with my cable modem connection to the vpn 3030. turned out to be caused by the connection timing out. seems strange but that's what it was. this would only happen when split tunneling was configured and pushing down a large network list. basically, the timeout negotiated on the connection is smaller for the high speed connection than a dial up and hence would timeout too easily. i summarized the network lists better and the problem went away - i guy from the tac helped me on this so forgive any incorrect verbage but that's what fixed the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: