cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 3.0.2 wireless via Linksys Wireless Router help needed

shadowgallery
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get the VPN Client 3.0.2 to work with wireless nic card via a Linksys BEFW11S4. I have no problems getting the VPN client to work using my wired nic card, and the wireless nic works fine when not using VPN. I have forwarded ports (500, etc) to the appropriate IP for the nic card, depending on which nic I am using for VPN. But can not get the VPN to work with wireless nic. I am able to get login prompt and it says negotiating but then gets stuck. I am running on W2K and using Dell TrueMobile nic.

Thanks

24 Replies 24

Are you using xp?

mine stopped working when i switched to a new xp pro laptop.

tspofford
Level 1
Level 1

John...Did you ever find a solution to this? I had no problem with a wireless VPN connection via my BEFW11S4 until the last time I did a firmware upgrade. I haven't been able to connect since then. My inquiry to Linksys was never answered.

Thanks,

Tim Spofford

Chiming in ... having the same problem using a Linksys BEFW11S4 Version 2, firmware 1.42.7. Getting stuck when negotiating security policies, with IKE "Malformed ..." error messages.

gfhamilton
Level 1
Level 1

Got this from Mark Halstead.

I was having this same problem. Recently, Linksys released a new

version of firmware (1.43 on 9/5/2002) that solved the issue for me.

------------------------------

I haven't tried this latest firmware - will soon as I get time.. thx Mark. -gh

Yup.. the latest firmware revision works.. You'll also see that in the release notes for the firmware - items 14.

Changed Ipsec pass-through function over a wireless connection. -gh

Thanks to Mark Halstead!! I tried the new firmware last night and IT WORKS!!!

The new firmware (1.43) worked for me as well. I first found the beta (1.42.9) and found it to work as well.

I noticed that the link to the beta firmware I posted earlier doesn't work anymore. The site appears to have been rebuilt. Here is the new link to get there.

http://www.evansconforti.com/befw11s4/

I tried the newest firmware (1.43) for the V2 router, but still have problem getting my VPN connection to work.

Symptom:

- Laptop running XP, VPN connection seemed to be made with server (whether through wireless or wired connection), but can't connect to the web sites

- Another desktop running 98SE, connected to the router, VPN connection works perfectly.

- Connect via phone line with laptop running XP, VPN connection runs perfectly.

Sounds like a problem with XP specifically? What OS's are you folks running when the firmware works for you?

Thanks!

I've been having this same problem for a couple of months. I have opened a TAC case and subsequent bug report. bug CSCdu36784

The firmware recommended only works

with BEFSW11S4 ver.2.

I and others have ver 1 hardware and are stuck with 1.42.7 that has not yet resolved the issue...

My version 1 worked with a new xp pro laptop when i went backwards to v 1.39.2.