Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN client 3.0 to Cisco 2600

Hi everybody,

I create this connection between the client software to the 2600, but my quesiton is, is it possible to use the internal subnet as the address pool when the client create a connection from outside. Since my office has mutiple gateway, all the server are not pointing to the cisco 2600 as default gateway, if i could use the internal address as the address pool then i wouldn't have to worry about the routing problem. any suggestion would be appreciate

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VPN client 3.0 to Cisco 2600

tkpsimon,

Using the same address pool as the internal subnet is not recommended at all. You would run into proxy-arp issues. If you have multiple routers on that subnet, then advertise the client address pool as a routing protocol route to other routers to fix the routing issues

Jazib

Re: VPN client 3.0 to Cisco 2600

Hi Jazib,

Thanks for your reply, I think you might have mis understand my question, what i mean was the address pool subnet is going to be the same as internal address, like...172.20.0.0/16, and my pool address is going to be like 172.20.2.0/16. and nobody on the local LAN is going to use these address.

i just don't know how to config the part that NO-NAT these VPN traffic from outside. sorry for the confusion at the beginning. look forward for your reply

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content