Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client 3.5.1quick question

Inside the Client software Options---Properties---General, there is a check box saying "Allow Local LAN access" what is the real function of this check box, at the beginning i thought having this box check, i could access local LAN machine while i'm using the tunnel. But, i test it a couple times, it doesn't serve that function at all, for local LAN access, all i need is split tunnel inside the pix code, if the pix code doesn't have split tunnel, no matter what i check, i can't access any other network except the one behind the PIX, i hope i didn't make any confusion. i really would like to find out the purpose of this check box

if anyone know about this, please, look forward for your reply.

thank you

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN Client 3.5.1quick question

Local lan access is currently not supported on the PIX, it is being considered on the next release, contact your local acct mgr to lobby for the feature inclusion. Currently local lan access is only supported if your VPN headend is a VPN 3K.

Re: VPN Client 3.5.1quick question

the PIX (or other VPN termination device) overrides the VPN client settings for LAN access (aka split-tunnel). So click till the cows come home, but the server (PIX) makes the rules in this scenario.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content