Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client 3.5.2 or 3.6.1 and D-Link Wireless

The wireless card is a DWL-650 and the wireless gateway is a DI-713P. Once the client is installed and reboot,you lose all network connectivity.

I noticed that if I disable WEP and MAC address control that I gain connectivity again but my D-Link connection manager always shows me as disconnected.

The biggest problem I have is my home network is no longer secure. I have to run the client as I am responsible for the Concentrator.

Anyone else seen this problem??

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: VPN Client 3.5.2 or 3.6.1 and D-Link Wireless

Seen this with Checpoint secure remote VPN cleint and 3Com wireless card.

It is due to the fact that (as long as you use DHCP from the wireless gateway) the VPN client bloock the allocation of a DHCP adrdess to the card. I fould that using a diff brand of card got rid of the problem. I found that the Cisco Aironet 350 card worked fine in all setups. By the way I do not work for Cisco, so my recommendation of that card is based on me struggling to get it working with the 3Com card. It could be that the DLink suffers with the same issue. Being WiFi the Cisco card should work with your DLink gateway. The cisco 350 worled with my 3com wirless gateway perfectly.

Views
Helpful
Replies