cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client 3.5

nikolay
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Windows XP PCs connected to the SMC DSL router. The machine #1 has a VPN 3.5 client installed. The machine #2 doesn't have VPN client installed. The machine #2 can ping the router and the Internet. It can't browse shares on PC #1 and can't ping machine #1. The machine #1 can do everything. As soon as I uninstall the Network Deterministic Enhancer on machine #1, the PC #2 can browse and access shares on PC #1. Any ideas what causes it. Help greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the vpn client on machine 1 running and connected to the vpn when you were doing these tests, if so

enable the feature on the client called Enable Local Lan Access under Options> Properties > General Tab.

Default is off. When you uninstall the DNE you are

basically taking off one of the major component of the client to talk to bind to your NIC. You should not be uninstalling just the DNE.

The machine wasn't connected to the VPN while doing the tests. I think this option won't make a diff since I am not connected to VPN. Thanks

Also I want to mention that as soon as the VPN client is installed the PC can no longer browse the workgroup. Uninstalling it brings the browsing back.

Try to stop the service CVPND

"net stop CVPND"

The service only needs to be running when you want to use the VPN connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: