cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 3.6 configuring dialup properties

sweetser
Level 1
Level 1

How does the username and password for the ISP dialup get configured such that the user doesn't need to input this? I'm assuming that this is in a .pcf file. When the client starts at logon and a dialup connection is selected the user is prompted for a username and password for the ISP. When the IPSEC Dialer is started from windows start->programs the username and password is automatically used by the dialer. What is the difference?

4 Replies 4

d-garnett
Level 3
Level 3

if you create a dial-up connection in windows,

Start>Settings>DialUpNetworking

it will be recognized automatically by the vpn client when you go to the Connections>Connect Using DialUp 'Microsoft Dial-Up Networking' option.

sweetser
Level 1
Level 1

To clarify a little...the dialup properties (i.e. username & password) come through on NT5 machines while the 3.6 client is configured to start before logon...but NT4 machines prompt for this info when the client starts before logon...but once logged on to the NT4 machine and the client is started manually the dialup properties come through without user input. The problem with this is that the client can connect but without full network services.

any ideas?

Hello I have the same Prob.

do you get any solutions ?

thanks for replay

AFE

yeah, my boss is planning to put the VPN 3000 concentrator on an eBay auction and we're migrating to a Linux Gateway solution...so far it seems to work well...with many additional features ( www.astaro.com )

this is cheaper for us than replacing all the older laptops...

everyone is tired of Microsoft & Cisco pointing the finger at the other...this has been going on for ever...

it's too bad because the concentrator works well otherwise....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: