Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client 3 with Microsoft Internet sharing.

I have a home network with Microsoft ICS on a Windows 2000 system sharing my ADSL connection. With this I though I would be able to use my work laptop with the Cisco VPN client loaded on it with the ADSL modem. But I'm not able to get all the way connected. I can get pass the VPN logon and get the IP assigned to me, but I'm not able to ping or get any connection to my home or work network, once the VPN has logged on. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VPN Client 3 with Microsoft Internet sharing.

I have multiple machines behind ICS, various platforms, all working fine. It’s likely a configuration issue. You should probably talk to one of Cisco’s support people.

Cisco Employee

Re: VPN Client 3 with Microsoft Internet sharing.

I assume you are using the VPN 3000 as the concentrator to connnect to. You have to enable IPSec thru nat on the group you belong to in the VPN 3000 concentrator. It would be enabled on the IPSec tab of the group properties. Remember to check mode-config too.

Views
Helpful
Replies