Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 3.x + LOCAL LAN ACCESS

sk4711
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a big problem with the VPN Client an the Local LAN Access. I have a Pix 501 (6.22 +PDM 2.1) on the central side. The VPN Clients are some Computers from a other Company with their own Network. The VPN Connection over a DSL WAN connection works great, but the Clients don´t have access to their own LAN. (some Fileserver...) If i allow the Local LAN access on the Cisco VPN Client, it doesn´t matter. I read something about Tunnel-Splitting, but .... i try.... i try....

Thanks for any questions... Sebastian

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you didn't set up the PIX to do split-tunnelling, then ALL traffic from teh VPN client will be encrypted, meaning they'll lose their local access as well. You can set up split-tunnelling by following this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn3002pix-6421.shtml

Don't worry that this is for a hardware client, the config on the PIX side is the same. Note the "vpngroup ... split-tunnel" command, and how it interacts with an ACL. The ACL defines traffic from your internal network(s) going to the VPn pool of addresses (you can have more than one ACL line here if you have more than one internal network).

The next time the client connects only traffic destined for those internal networks will be encrypted.