cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 4.0 Virtual Adapter solution for overlapping networks

mayhem2022
Level 1
Level 1

Can the Virtual Adapter feature in version 4.0 of the VPN Client software be used a solution for overlapping networks? I have the classic problem of some clients not being able to connect from LANs with the same IP address schema as ours. In looking at the release notes, its not clear.

Any thoughts?

Thank you, Bob

4 Replies 4

mnaveen
Level 1
Level 1

The first and the third links are for a VPN5000 client.

The second link is for VPN3000 and there is no document regarding overlapping network between the client and the Concentrator.

I am also aware about the overlapping problem, would like to hear if version 4.0 of the VPN3000 client is able to make a VPN tunnel to the Concentrator which has the same network segment with its segment.

I think I gave you the wrong link. Plz check this one.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949f1.shtml

This document shows configuration for version 3.5(1) and I verified from our testing community that overlapping network support should continue to work in version 4.0 too. Feel free to post back in case you experience any problems.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Thank you for the response, but it appears I did not state my problem clearly. The link you provided explains a workaround using Site-to-Site. I need a solution for VPN Client to VPN Concentrator on separate private networks with the same IP address space.

I have clients that run the Cisco VPN Client software on the computers attached to their local LANs. The remote users connect from their computer to my VPN 3000 Concentrator. I want to prevent the client computers from using their local route table for routing decisions while the client is active.

I would like to know if the Virtual Adapter feature in the client software will solve this problem. With the tunnel active, I want to force all outgoing traffic to my network. My security policy dictates no split tunneling. The release notes indicate that it may solve my problem.

Additional feedback on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob