cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 5.0.00.0340 and Windows Vista Connection Issue

wlboyer
Level 1
Level 1

When I attempt to connect from a Vista PC (32-bit) I get the user name and password prompt, the user authenticates, and then the tunnel is torn down before phase 2 completes. Thus, the tunnel never establishes completely. The tear-down happens after the user receives an IP address, DNS entries, etc. I am getting the following reason message but it does not exist in the Cisco database when I do a search.

PEER_DELETE-IKE_PLATFORM_VERSION_MISMATCH

I am peering with a Pix 535 firewall. All other user types have no problems, but the attempts from Vista are all experiencing this issue. I've even gone so far as to turn off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't even see a "Platform" configuration option in either the client or the Pix 535 configuration. So how can there be a mis-match?

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like bug to me ,check these bug-id's :CSCsi26001 and CSCsi26106.

The Cisco VPN Client for Windows Vista does NOT support the following:

* System upgraded from Windows XP to Vista (clean OS installation required).

* Start Before Logon

* SmartCard Authentication

* Integrated Firewall

* InstallShield

* 64bit support

* AutoUpdate

The Vista install IS a clean install and I'm not encountering any of the listed bugs nor the problems in the bug-id's that you listed.

In doing some testing, the client works on our old (no longer in use) VPN3005 concentrator just fine. But it does NOT work at all when trying to attach to a PIX firewall.

I don't have any proof, but it seems that perhaps the PIX firewall software isn't compatible with the new client.