cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 5.0/WinXP - Multiple autoconnecting Network Connections?

brian.atkins
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed Cisco VPN Client 5.0 and now have multiple network connections associated with it (Local Area Connection 5 and Local Area Connection 6). Futhermore, they keep trying to acquire a network address when I'm not connected. The VPN Client isn't even running (although cvpnd is, of course).

I only have 1 profile in the configuration, from an earlier version of the client. I did a straight import - didn't mess with it at all.

Any idea why I have 2 connections for a single VPN client with a single profile?

How can I stop them from trying to get addresses all the time, especially when I'm not even using the VPN?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Uninstall the VPN client and then manually remove all the Local area conections you can see except the one which is your active LAN connection, if you are connected to LAN. Reboot the PC and again install the VPN client. This will create one more such connection but after this no more such connections will be created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: