cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client and CompuServe 2000

brad_nelson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco 3000 series VPN Concentrator installed and are using the VPN Client for Windows 95/98. I have one user that uses CompuServe 2000 to connect to the internet. I have installed the VPN client on the computer. However, whenever I attempt to establish a VPN connection, the connection gets stuck on "negotiating security". It almost acts like I am behind a firewall.

Does anyone know if there is a way to establish a VPN connection using CompuServe 2000 as the internet connection?

I do not seem to have this problem with any of the non-propriatary interenet services such as Qwest, Earthlink, etc.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

I would suggest first checking your debugs to see if the connection is setting up. Big providers often share IP addresses with other users (Port Address Translation) so clients don’t get the entire address. PAT can’t handle IP protocols other that TCP and UDP so that’s probably what’s hanging. Call Compuserve and ask them if they use any access lists or PAT. You’ll probably have to escalate it to a real person there (not one of the front-line customer service reps).