cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client and Microsoft Instant Messenger Issues

mel.woodley
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone having problems with Cisco VPN client 3.6.X and Microsoft Instant Messenger (IM) when IM will constantly go offline but the users is not aware of it until they try to use it. To the users IM buddies, he/she will appear offline but to the users he/she is not aware of it. Happens constantly!!!! Appears to be something with the VPN client because if I stop the vpn client service the IM crashes stop. User running Windows 2000 sp3. Would love to find a solution to this problem.

2 Replies 2

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mel. To the best of my knowledge this cannot be done but please do crosscheck this. I had put up this question to one of my associates who explained that the problem exists due to the way the MS messenger application works and the way the Cisco client is desgined. This has something to do with the fact that the vpn client is not installed as a virtual adapter with its own IP address. I guess you might have to wait for the next version of the client.

I definitely does work but not for some people. Not sure why. Have you ever experienced the same problem?