Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Client and NT Logon scripts

Has anyone got an answer for how to get NT logon scripts to run?

I'm using a VPN 3000 and Client 3.5.1.E to log on to an NT domain?

This is really limiting in terms of VPN client functionality.

Why doesnt the Application launcher have an option to run application AFTER the connection is established. This would really solve the problem. I could copy the script to the local machine and then run it from there.

Please, Mr Cisco.....(!)

3 REPLIES

Re: VPN Client and NT Logon scripts

Don't quite follow you - once you log into the Domain, any scripts that you normally have set up for a particular user or group should run as normal. Why would you want it to run locally??

I experience the problem with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. But not always, it helps sometimes when I reinstall the VPN-Client being logged on.

The problem is: you install the VPN-Client and the logon-scripts placed on the Logon-Server, that should be executed due to GPO, will not be executed at logging on. In Application-Log is an event, to which I could not find any description. The text (sorry, I have to translate from German back into English) runs "The script-strings to this GPO could not be found"

It is really a severe problem!

Cisco Employee

To be able to run the login scripts, you have to use something start before logon on the vpn client, restart the machine and the vpn services starts first

before the domain login comes, otherwise if you are expecting the vpn client or machine to run the login script after they have logged on the machine and started the vpn client, this won't happen as at that point in time you are most likely using cached credentials, and Microsoft has limited cached credentials not to run the login scripts, see:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q269119

Also the application launcher is only meant to run applications itself not batch files or login scripts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content