cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client and WinXP compatibility problem

mirek.tichy_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Cisco VPN client installed on my WinXP SP2 for an occasional VPN access to our or custommer's networks. Suddenly I have lost possibility to ping against to or open a TCP/UDP connection on my PC in LAN last week. All communications initiated FROM my PC ran well. I have performed lot of experiments and found the issue is a Cisco VPN Windows service. Upon stopping the service, everything is OK. Some Windows updates came last week and I thing that some of them is not interoperable with the Cisco VPN client. The client is 4.8.01.0300.

Does anybody have the same experience or some solution without the manual stopping the service?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried to disable the Client VPN Stateful Firewall in the Options menu too ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Can you do a route print in a Dos command prompt before the connection of the VPN Client and after then compare them to see if your Lan subnet is present in your destinations networks that you probably send to the VPN Client software.

I am affraid it is not the issue. The problem ocures without an active VPN connection. Moreover ping initiated from the PC to anywhere runs well. VPN client can be used normaly too. It looks as a closed firewall. I have tried to disable Windows firewall too. The problem disappears just upon stopping the background VPN service. Everythink was ok till last week. Some Win updates came approx. at the time.

Have you tried to disable the Client VPN Stateful Firewall in the Options menu too ?

Hi, Martin,

I have. The unchecking of the Statefull Firewall solved the issue. Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: